D-Town Farm Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP)
BUILD BLACK FOOD SOVEREIGNTY WITH US
D-Town Farm Volunteer Incentive Program (DT-VIP) encourages volunteer participation at D-Town Farm and rewards volunteering by issuing one D-Town Dollar for every donated hour of volunteering.
D-Town Dollars can only be earned during weekend volunteer hours by individuals not organizations.
• You begin earning D-Town dollars after your online registration has been accepted and you have volunteered at least once.
• You earn 1 D-Town Dollar for every hour you volunteer. If you volunteer for a full time period (8 am – 12 pm on Saturday and/or Sunday), you can get 5 D-Town Dollars.
• All hours must be logged no later than 1pm of your volunteer day.
• YOU MUST SIGN OUT TO GET CREDIT FOR YOUR HOURS. Otherwise, you will earn 1 D-Town Dollar.
• D-Town Dollars will be distributed on a bi-weekly basis once the farm stand is open.
• You can spend a maximum of 20 D-Town Dollars at any D-Town market stand (i.e., D-Town Farm and Wayne State).
• The VIP Program is open from June to October of the farm season.
Saturday (8a-12p) & Sunday (8a-12p)
• All volunteers are to report to the USDA Hoop House (this is the first hoop house to your left upon
entering the farm)
• Scan QR code with your phone and fill out form upon arrival
• Check in with Farm Manager for assignment
• Scan QR code with your phone and fill out form upon departure
• Hours will be rounded to the nearest quarter hour (15 minutes)
If you are interested in DBCFSN D-Town Farm Volunteer Incentive Program, please click on the link below and complete the registration form. Once you have completed the form, you are registered into our Volunteer Incentive Program and eligible to begin weekend volunteering and receive D-Town Dollars.
THANK YOU for your interest in volunteering at D-Town! For more information, please read our Volunteer and Visitor Guidelines prior to visiting. We have helpful recommendations on what to bring, how to dress comfortably, details about volunteering as a group, and how to schedule a tour. We look forward to seeing you soon!
If you have any questions, please send us an email at email@example.com!